Monday, February 22, 2010

Beyond a shadow of a doubt...



Whew it has been a busy couple of weeks! The pictures above are of Valentines Day. We went on a group date-- due to the lack of guys on this trip it was 4 girls to each guy-- We had a great dinner and then went to the Nation Concert Hall of Dublin. It was an incredible night. We really had so much fun.
We have had one of our Taylor professors here for the past week teaching Celtic Christianity. We have been in the classroom a lot, and we have really been learning so many good things though.
This past week we took a trip to Kelkenny, Ireland. We got to see some great Monasteries, Abbeys, and best of all Castles!!!
The business is sometimes overwhelming, but I know that it will slow down soon.
I have really enjoyed getting to know people better on a daily basis. There are so many different people that bring so much to the group as a whole. It has been so cool to see how God has uniquely chosen each of us to play a key role in this experience.
This has also helped with being a bit homesick. There are many times when I want to pick up the phone, or see someone's face from back home, and I can't. I know that this is good for me. I need to learn how to love my family and friends more, but depend on them less. Which for me is a bit difficult because there are just so many great people to miss.
God has been teaching me to trust in Him more, and fear this world less. I have gotten so caught up in my own plans that I haven't taken the time to give those to God and ask if that is even what He planned for me. For now I don't know what that will look like as it plays out in my life. I have always been a bit of a worrier, and I think that this idea of trust is going to be an ongoing battle in my life. This doesn't mean that I can choose to embrace it and become complacent. If anything it means that I need to strive harder to combat it even more. I have so many questions about my future, and fears as to how that will look. I think for now though I need to just embrace the moments. And let me just say that there are so many fantastic moments in this place! I never want to take them for granted.
As for now I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt I am in the right place at the right time.
And I'm feeling blessed :)

1 comment:

  1. I completely forgot you were blogging! I'm a bad friend =( You look gorgeous and I'm so glad to hear you say you're having fun and God is speaking to you all individually. Also good to hear you're in the right place at the right time =) i miss you Jules Love you lots!!

    Emo

    ReplyDelete